State Applications

Transitioning into State Applications

State temporary licenses are sunsetting January 1st 2019. If you do not have full approval from your local jurisdiction, it is important to get your provisional state license that will be valid for all of 2019.

SB1459 was signed by Governor Jerry Brown on September 27, 2018. This bill allows for the California Department of Food and Agriculture to issue a Provisional State License for 2019 providing you have obtained a Temporary License and have submitted an Annual Application.

While your local jurisdiction permit application probably covers some of the state application requirements, it may not cover all. The Cultivation Plan requires the following:

  • Site Plan
  • Lighting Diagram
  • Pest Management
  • Waste Management Plan
  • Cultivation/Operations Plan

You will also need:

  • Proof of enrollment with the North Coast Regional Water Quality Control Board or the State Water Resources Control Board
  • Proof of a legal water source (SIUR, Well Log, etc.)
  • 1602 Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement with CDFW
  • CEQA compliance
Contact Us